Maui Fire Resource Guide
Our hearts are with the Hawaiian people as they continue assessing the loss that devastated Maui.
For those of you who wish to join us in supporting those affected, the most immediate need is for supplies, including diapers, infant formula, and toiletries.
Here is the Amazon Wishlist so that you can simply select items and ship them to Maui. Please note when you are ready to purchase, look for and select the following pre-set address: AAJ TLC c/o Mike Arias, Gift Registry Address, WAILEA, HI
Other Ways to Give
Look through this updated list from Honolulu Civil Beat. Civil Beat is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt news organization whose mission is to inform citizens and make Hawaii a better place to live.
The list of charitable organizations is included below. The links will take you directly to donation checkout pages.
- Hawaii Community Foundation Maui Strong fund: Focusing on rapid response and working with local nonprofits to understand community needs.
- Maui Food Bank: Collecting and distributing food to help the hungry in Maui County.
- Maui United Way: Providing direct relief to families and nonprofits.
- The Salvation Army Hawaiian and Pacific Islands Division: Providing food and resources for evacuees.
- Public Schools of Hawaii Foundation: Partnering with the state Department of Education to support school communities in West Maui through Oct. 1.
- Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement: Matching up to $1 million in donations for Maui fire victims as of Thursday night.
- Maui Humane Society: Supporting shelters for displaced people and animals, and caring for injured animals. Emergency fosters also sought.
- World Central Kitchen: Providing meals to people in need by partnering with local organizations.
- River of Life Mission: Providing coffee and stuffed animals to shelters.
If you need a good lawyer call David Silverman.