We Have Experience Handling All Types Of Personal Injury Cases
At Schlesinger Law Offices, P.A., our Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys understand just how difficult dealing with a serious injury can be. With more than 70 years of collective experience, our firm has the experience you need to navigate any legal hurdle that comes your way, and we will help you fight to secure the compensation you need to cover any medical bills or damages you incurred.
Hire A Law Firm You Can Trust
Your choice for a lawyer in Fort Lauderdale should be an educated decision. You want a firm with a history of successful cases and settlements; you need lawyers with strong support staff; you desire a firm that offers free, confidential consultations; and you demand experience, knowledge, compassion, and professionalism at all stages of your case. Schlesinger Law Offices, P.A. could be just the firm for you.
Filing a lawsuit can be an incredibly stressful decision to make, but our legal team is ready to provide you the guidance and support you need to breathe easy and plan out every step you need to take. Throughout our firm’s history, we have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients, and unlike some law firms out there, we are fully prepared to take your case in front of a jury if the opposing side fails to offer the settlement you deserve.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Aviation Accident Aircraft accidents have the potential for overwhelming devastation.
- Bicycle Accidents Bicycle accidents can happen anytime, due to the negligence of others.
- Birth Injury The delivery process can result in injuries due to the result of doctor negligence.
- Building & Bridge Collapses Seemingly unexpected disasters, are often caused by some form of negligence.
- Car Accidents When injured in a car accident, the insurance company is not on your side.
- Catastrophic & Serious Injuries The cost of serious injuries can have a devastating impact on the lives of victims.
- Construction Accidents With heavy machinery and dangerous materials, negligence can lead to injury.
- Medical Malpractice Our victories have set new policies and procedures within the medical industry.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents You may be entitled to compensation if you suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
- Nursing Home Abuse When trust placed in a home is betrayed, facilities must be held accountable.
- Premises Liability Those injured on another's property often have the right to sue for compensation.
- Product Liability Design, poor manufacturing or mis-labeled products can often cause injury.
- Train Accidents A train crash may entitle you to compensation for your injuries.
- Truck Accidents Truck accidents often result in life-changing injuries and even death.
- Workplace Accidents Failure to adhere to regulations or negligence can often lead to serious injury.
- Wrongful Death We fight to mitigate the costs placed on your family following the loss of a loved one.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
A personal injury lawyer protects your rights to compensation following an accident or injury often caused by other’s negligence. These legal representatives handle tasks such as collecting evidence of the accident and any records to prove negligence, working with insurance on behalf of their client, and filing lawsuits, amongst a host of other responsibilities.
How Long Do Personal Injury Cases Take to Settle?
How long it takes for your case to reach a settlement will depend on certain factors. This may include how complex your case is, how severe your injuries are, and whether there is solid evidence for the claim.
What Kind of Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
Personal injury attorneys can assist with a number of cases, including car accidents, wrongful death, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, birth injuries, medical malpractice, defective products, slip-and-fall accidents as well as other premise liabilities, amongst a host of other cases.
Is Personal Injury a Civil Case?
Yes, personal injury claims are considered civil cases.
Is Florida a Comparative Negligence State?
Yes, Florida is considered a comparative negligence state. This means that the compensation for damages will depend on the level of responsibility in the accident, on the part of both the plaintiff and defendant. For example, if it is found that the claimant is partially at fault for the injury, they may receive less compensation.
What Are Compensatory Damages?
Compensatory damages refer to the money awarded to a plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit. It is to provide restitution for any injuries or other damage incurred following an accident that was the result of negligence.
Do You Need Bodily Injury Insurance in Florida?
While some states require motorists to have bodily injury insurance, Florida does not. Instead, all vehicles must have PIP or Personal Injury Protection and Property Damage Liability insurance.
Contact our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers to discuss your situation with a member of our firm.
If you need a good lawyer call David Silverman.P.N.
$157 MillionInsurance Claims
$60 MillionProduct Liability
$41 MillionPremises Liability
$37 MillionProduct Liability